Terms & Conditions for The Front Wing and The Back Wing of Pen y Graig
We look forward to welcoming you.
By make a booking you and all members of your party are entering into a legally binding agreement with the owners, Victoria & Mark Butcher – please read.
Guests must NOT visit if they or anyone in their household has been in contact with, develops or suspects they have developed Covid 19.
We strongly recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance to cover yourself in this regard, as well as to cover yourself for other accommodation cancellations and risks.
You must abide by the Welsh Government Covid 19 rules and guidance which may differ from those of the English Government. Anyone becoming ill while staying must inform us (so that the property can be given a deep clean, a fee applies) and return home immediately – there will be no partial refund.
Booking - Confirmation and Payment
– We accept bookings made online, by telephone and email.
– We will email with payment details following a telephone or email provisional booking and hold for 48 hours.
– A non refundable deposit of 30% is required to confirm the booking.
– The balance is due 42 days before arrival.
– If the balance is not received on time we reserve the right to cancel the booking and you will forfeit the deposit paid.
– The deposit can be paid when booking directly with us online
or by bank transfer (details will be emailed)
or by cheque to: M & V Butcher, Pen y Graig, Church Bay, Holyhead, Anglesey, LL65 4ES.
– Your full name, address and telephone number and the names of all other members of the party (adults and children) and addresses – if different from ‘the booker’ are required.
– We will confirm the booking by email once your payment is received.
– Further confirmation will be sent once the balance is paid, as well as Arrival, Self Check In and Covid 19 details.
– You must check all details on the booking form and inform us immediately (within 24 hours) of any errors. Changes to the booking cannot be made at a later date.
Bookings made through a third party (eg Airbnb) will be subject to their own booking T&C.
Check In / Check Out
– Check In from 4pm.
Please DO NOT arrive early as it cuts short the time allocated for cleaning and maintenance.
If your arrival time will be greatly delayed, you must contact us. If you fail to do so you may not be able to gain access to the property.
– Check Out by 10am
Please leave promptly. This allows the accommodation to be cleaned and prepared for incoming guests.
We must be notified immediately of any cancellation. Do not consider your booking cancelled until you receive our confirmation email.
We will endeavour to re-let the accommodation and if successful all money paid for the booking, less the deposit and a £25 administration charge, will be refunded 7 days after the arrival date. We have the right to reduce the price and length of the subsequent booking.
We strongly recommend you take out holiday insurance to cover all risks, including cancellation
Bookings made through a third party (eg Airbnb) will be subject to their own Cancellation T&C. You must inform us of the cancellation yourself.
Your booking will be considered cancelled if you fail to arrive by 4pm on the day following your booked arrival date and do not inform us. No fees will be reimbursed and we will be entitled to re-let the property.
In the rare and unlikely event that we have to cancel a booking, we will contact you immediately. All money paid to us will be refunded to you. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund. We will not be liable to refund you for any fees you may have paid to any third party in connection with your holiday including, without limitation, fees for travel, entertainment, activities or insurance.
– No more than 4 people can occupy each Wing.
– The property and its facilities are for the sole use of those named on the booking form.
– The property cannot be booked by a person under the age of 18 years of age.
– The property cannot be booked by a group booking of persons under 25 years of age.
– No parties or events
– No smoking is permitted within the property.
– No pets are allowed.
We will treat any breach of the above, as a cancellation of the Booking by you and we shall be under no obligation to refund you for any fees already paid to us. Any outstanding account must be settled. If a cleaning charge applies it may be taken from bank card details securely held during the booking process.
– take care of the property, its furniture, fittings and all equipment.
– check in after 4pm and check out by 10am
– ensure that the property is locked when out, otherwise the property insurance is invalidated and any costs incurred will have to be paid for by yourselves.
– leave the property in a clean and tidy condition, such as you expect on arrival. General cleaning, at no charge, will be carried out between lets by us. We reserve the right to make a charge to the bank card details securely held during the booking process for any additional cleaning required after your stay.
– return all furniture and items to appropriate properties when renting the whole house together (crockery/cutlery to respective kitchens)
– be considerate of other guests.
– report immediately, in time for a replacement to be made before the next booking, all breakages and damage and to pay for the cost of replacement or repair.
– record the electricity meter reading on arrival and pay for the cost of all electricity used during your stay. When both Wings are booked together there are two meters to be read and paid for. It is your responsibility to warm the property to your own satisfaction.
– be aware that we are not responsible should there be a loss of electricity or water to the property due to a cut by the Utility Company.
– make yourself familiar with the property information set out in the ‘Welcome’ sheets which include instructions for electrical appliance and wood burner use, recycling and waste disposal etc.
– do not dispose of anything other than toilet tissue down the toilet, as it blocks the drains and not to use any bleach products as it stops the septic tank from working efficiently.
– allow us access to the property at any time for essential maintenance or for inspection purposes
– notify the other members of your party of these Terms and Conditions.
Please take care of our home. You are responsible and liable for any breakages and damage which you cause to the accommodation and its contents while staying – please report as soon as an accident happens. Bedlinen and towels which have been badly stained (with, for example, self tanning products, make up and hair dyes) will need to be replaced and a charge will be made.
We reserves the right to make a charge to the bank card details held during the booking process for breakages and any extra cleaning required after your stay.
The use of wifi is free of charge. We now have fibre broadband but signal is limited to certain areas within the property due to the thick stone walls. No liability is accepted by us for limited signal, slow speed, failure or interruption of service, loss of data or transference of computer viruses.
Some of the data gathered during the course of your booking may be held on computer. We would like to hold this data after your visit to be able to inform you of future offers. If you would rather we did not to hold this information please let us know
Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable and pleasant stay.
If a problem or cause for complaint arises during your visit please notify us immediately so that it can be resolved effectively and efficiently. Discussion with us whilst you are staying will usually enable any shortcomings to be rectified straightaway.
No complaint, unless brought to our attention while staying, will be accepted once your visit has ended.
We have taken care to ensure that the property and its contents are safe and in good order. The use of the property and its amenities are entirely at the users risk and we will not accept responsibility for injury to yourselves or third parties for loss, theft or damage to your/their belongings, cars, contents or personal possessions.
Every effort has been made to ensure that the property description is as accurate as possible. No liability is accepted for discrepancies or small changes that have been made.
Mark & Victoria Butcher, Pen y Graig, Church Bay, Holyhead, Anglesey, LL65 4ES