Directions to Pen y Graig
Pen y Graig – Church Bay – Holyhead – Isle of Anglesey – LL65 4ES
(lat. 53.374599 / long. -4.549305)
Arrival is from 4pm
We would like to be informed a few days before your stay, if you expect to arrive very much later than 4pm
– Take the A55 across Anglesey to Holyhead. (after crossing the Britannia Bridge the rest of your journey will take 30-45 minutes)
– After 17 miles turn off at exit no 3 for Y Fali/Valley/A5 (not exit no 4 for RAF Valley)
– Follow the A5 to Y Fali/Valley.
– At the traffic lights in Valley turn right onto the A5025 towards Amlwch (if you need groceries turn left here for a 24 hour Spar, cash machine, PO, take-a-ways)
– Carry on for 6 miles. You will come to Llanfaethlu.
It is Now Possible to Go One of Two Ways
– After entering the 30 mile an hour zone for Llanfaethlu, take the first left turn to Church Bay/Porth Swtan, on a tight right hand bend.
– The Coffee House, the nearest village shop is on your right.
– Go straight up the hill through the village and down towards the sea. You are 2.8 miles away.
– The road will go straight between a farmhouse and its converted outbuildings and then bares sharp right. The sea will be on your left.
– Follow this road for approx 1.5 miles.
– Do not turn left for Church Bay/Porth Swtan – parking & toilets.
– Carry on for .3 of a mile
– As you come up the hill, Pen y Graig is the large farmhouse on the left below the church.
– If you pass the Church Bay Inn on your right, you have gone too far!
– After the tight right hand bend in Llanfaethlu, you will pass a large school on your left and then enter a 40 mile an hour zone.
– Take the next left turn to Rhydwyn 1. Porth Swtan/Church Bay 2. You are now 1.7 miles from Pen y Graig
– Go straight through Rhydwyn.
– Continue on, bearing left at each junction. You will pass the Church Bay Inn on your left.
– Here the road bears left and Pen y Graig is the large farmhouse on the right, below the church, as you start to go down the hill.
Victoria and Mark 01407 730857 live in the outbuilding on the left as you drive into the courtyard.
Parking is on the right – sometimes as many as five cars need to use this space so please park accordingly. Keep garages clear.
If arriving after dark it is advisable to bring a torch.