Access Statement General Details
– 1 mile to nearest bus stop, bus x 4 daily except Sunday.
– 3 miles to nearest shop.
– Holyhead (7 miles) to nearest railway and ferry terminal to Dublin.
– Owners live in adjacent property.
– Assistance can be given with luggage.
– Mobile phone reception varies.
– Due to our rural location wifi signal is slow and weak.
– Task lighting can be provided.
– All duvets are microfibre, all doubles are kingsize, pillows are 1 feather 1 microfibre per person.
– Car parking for The Front and Back Wings and The Loft B&B is through a gate – this is shut when the owners are out to prevent dogs from chasing their poultry – and onto an incline of slate chippings. Two cars maximum per Wing, one car for The Loft.
– There is a water tank, shallow pool and stream in the courtyard
– There is a 3 minute PIR light in this area.
– When the whole house is booked by one group, two adjoining doors downstairs (28″/72cms) and two upstairs with 4 steps between are unlocked between the properties.
The Front Wing
– After parking – The Front Wing is approached by walking 50 meters out through entrance gate, up hill on the road, through metal gate (32″/880cms wide) up 5 flagstone steps with hand rail and along a tiled path. The level lawned garden is enclosed by shrubbery and a 3 ft high wall. There is a 10 ft drop along one boundary to a shallow pool and stream.
– 2 steps into porch and 1 step into house. Front door is 32″/80cms wide.
– Level and spacious ground floor accommodation with 28″/72cms wide doors to all areas.
– Subdued lighting in the hall.
– Electric panel heaters in all rooms except bathroom which has a pull cord high-level fan heater. No central heating.
– The sitting room is spacious, has an open coal fire, fitted carpet with rug, ample natural light, remote controlled 26″ lcd TV/DVD and three piece suite.
– Small galley style kitchen with work surface, sink, ceramic hob and microwave at 36″/93cms high. Ample natural light, ceiling spot lights, under cabinet and extractor task lighting. Fridge and oven/grill are below the work surface.
– 16 step stairs with landing between
– Spacious bathroom on first floor has ample natural light, step-in bath with semi folding shower screen and over bath shower on riser rail, WC and basin with light. Shaver point 63″/160cms high. Pull cord, high level fan heater. Tiled floor with rug.
– Both bedrooms on first floor have fitted carpets and have ample natural light.
– Large twin bedroom.
– To unpack or for passengers to alight, the car can be parked outside the garden gate.
– Torch is needed after dark