Access Statement General Details
– 1 mile to nearest bus stop, bus x 4 daily except Sunday.
– 3 miles to nearest shop.
– Holyhead (7 miles) to nearest railway and ferry terminal to Dublin.
– Owners live in adjacent property.
– Assistance can be given with luggage.
– Mobile phone reception varies.
– Due to our rural location wifi signal is slow and weak.
– Task lighting can be provided.
– All duvets are microfibre, all doubles are kingsize, pillows are 1 feather 1 microfibre per person.
– Car parking for The Front and Back Wings and The Loft B&B is through a gate – this is shut when the owners are out to prevent dogs from chasing their poultry – and onto an incline of slate chippings. Two cars maximum per Wing, one car for The Loft.
– There is a water tank, shallow pool and stream in the courtyard
– There is a 3 minute PIR light in this area.
– When the whole house is booked by one group, two adjoining doors downstairs (28″/72cms) and two upstairs with 4 steps between are unlocked between the properties.
The Back Wing
– From the parking area – The Back Wing is approached up 2 steps and through a metal gate (40″/100cms wide)
onto a sloping patio surrounded by a 21″ wall with 8 foot drop. Five open steps down to area with recycle boxes.
– 3 steps with hand rail into the porch and 1 step into the house the slate steps are worn with age.
Door (32″/81cms wide)
– Freezer and tumble dryer are situated behind the entrance door.
– Level ground floor of quarry tile with rug in sitting area.
– Remote controlled lcd TV/DVD, wood burning stove, sofa and 2 upright farmhouse chairs (entrance 28″/71cms wide)
– Electric panel heaters in all rooms except shower room which has pull cord high-level fan heater. No central heating.
– Spacious kitchen with ample natural light, ceiling spot lights and under cabinet lighting. Work surface, sink, ceramic hob and microwave at 36″/93cms high. Fridge and oven/grill are below the work surface.
– Washing machine (instructions available in large print) is through a 32″/81cms doorway into small utility area with 32″/81cms opening into shower room with step-in shower with outward opening door (controls 70″/178cms high) WC and basin with light. Tiled floor.
– Steep narrow stairs (15 steps) with last 3 fanned.
– Spacious bedrooms on first floor with fitted carpets and ample natural light.
– Rear garden via patio and 4 steps up to concrete path, through gate 35″/89cms wide into enclosed slightly sloping, 2 level lawned garden with clothes line. Stone built well housing with steps to top at 5′ high level with top of garden wall, front opening covered with secure wooden grill.